Tuesday, February 20, 2018

FlyCloser Reflection 2/20

Throughout this week and last week, I have taken much initiative to CREATE with my peers for the furthering of my organizations and SOC. I have consistently worked with everyone in the SOC class and collaborated with them to not only work for each other's organizations but also primarily for Winter Formal. One of my biggest Purple Cow actions of this week was participating in the informational video about Formal. I made sure that my enthusiasm was at its peak and I kept a smile on my face. If I had to redo it, I would do it the same way because I gave it my all.

Currently, the Tennis Team and National Honor Society have numerous rituals that take place throughout our time at meetings and practices and matches. The Tennis Team, for example, has its senior night where we all CONNECT and share our favorite memories and also allows us all to gather together and grow closer when we eat after our away games. I know for a fact that we have grown closer because of that, and the team would feel very empty without those traditions. As for National Honor Society, we have in the past always assisted at the Student-Staff Basketball Game and planned numerous projects and pizza parties. This allows us to connect with each other and also to give back to the Thomas Nelson Community in multiple ways.

I currently am showing CARE in my organizations by providing endless patience and enthusiasm towards the new players. I have noticed that there is a decently large age gap between the new players. Because many of the experienced players are mostly seniors and juniors, the incoming freshmen and sophomore players don't really have a prior connection to each other. Although practice has just started and the relationships among the players have not reached their peak yet, we still have the entire season ahead of us to grow closer than we ever thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment